More than halfway through the year already! This month shouldn’t be too busy for me, but August is going to be hectic so this may be my very last super ambitious month. That being said, this month I’m hoping to read 25 books (I know insane!).
During this month I’m involved in a couple of reading challenges. I’m joining Reading Rivalry again, this month’s theme is Avengers and I’m part of the Thor team. The criteria and books are:
- Author (Neil Gaiman, Marrissa Meyer, Adam Silvera)
- Heartless by Marrissa Meyer
- Based on a True Stroy
- Lizzie by Dawn Ius
- Person’s name in the title
- Alice by Christina Henry
- Featuring Super Power
- Sex Criminals by Matt Fraction
- Book listed on Reese’s Book Club
- Daisy Jones & the Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid
- Less than 5000 Ratings
- Tiger Queen by Annie Sullivan
- Subject you don’t know about
- Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel
- Cover or title with favourite colour
- If I’m Being Honest by Emily Wibberley & Austin Siegemund-Broka
- Action/Adventure Classic/Retelling
- Red Queen by Christina Henry
- A Not-Quite Human Character
- The Similars by Rebecca Hanover
I’m also involved in TBR and Beyond’s event called “Beach Book Bash”. This event takes place over July and August so you will likely see this again next month. This is a fun board game where you roll to find each of your prompts. I have already pre-rolled for two rounds. You can find the event and rules here.
Below are my two rounds and the picks that should fit.
Two of the books that I’ve listed above are part of the TBR and Beyond Group reads
Other books I’m hoping to get to that don’t fit any of the criteria or group reads:
Necessary People by Anna Pitoniak
Normal People by Sally Rooney
The Encyclopidia Of Early Earth by Isabel Greenberg
On a Sunbeam by Tillie Walden
Crowded Vol. 1 by Christopher Sebela
Injection Vol. 1 by Warren Ellis
The Best Lies by Sarah Lyu
Girls on the Verge by Sharon Biggs Waller
Just taking a quick look, I plan on reading 10 books I already own and 12 borrowed. To keep with my goal from last month (and this) I need to read an additional 3 books so that I read more books that I own than borrowed. That being said, who’s to say I read all the borrowed books on my TBR lol.
There you have it, that’s my very, very ambitious TBR, but about on par to what I read last month. What are you reading? Are you joining any of the events above?